Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Wikileaks debacle

Well, since I like talking about punk music on here, it's only right that I throw in some political posts, as well. I'd like you to read this individual's piece on the recent Wikileaks document release. The author makes a fantastic point that many of the articles released are about major concerns to the well-being of humanity. These concerns are ones that are disregarded by the news media in favor of sensationalism and useless gossip. To put it bluntly, it is becoming increasingly more evident that the people in power are as ignorant and misinformed as the rest of us.

Read the article here and subscribe if you find it interesting:
http://wartard.blogspot.com/2010/11/wikileaks-and-death-of-american.html

That same America is still missing, how unfortunate.

1 comment:

  1. I was very interested when i heard about the Wikileaks issue. At first when I saw it, I just thought it had somethign to do with Wikipedia. I had to do a media bias project for another class though, which made me decide to use this story as an example. I think it is a big issue in many ways. I appreciate the information supplied to the every day American, but it does pose danger issues for people involved in the documents. The wikileaks issue is something that should be taken care of internally, but thats hard when other countries have the information and are angry about it. Not saying they shouldn't be, but it just complicates things. I think that picture is a litle extreme, but i guess that is a way some people see the world, or at least America.

    ReplyDelete