Sorry to have been so scarce around these parts as of late. I've had other school-related matters that needed tending to and just didn't have time to fit in some writing.
As a peace offering I give you Man Will Destroy Himself. This band is a fantastic hardcore band from right here in Raleigh. I don't exactly recall when or where I came across them, but I know that they are wonderful. Follow that hyperlink and have fun listening!
I just thought about this. I've been to band gigs throughout the years. My friend was in a band and Its interesting seeing the 'scene' from city to city (they're originally from winston salem). Do you think that the scene in Raleigh is either like..pop or hardcore? It just seems to me that decent bands in between don't get AS much rep or respect forw hat they do as opposed to hardcore bands or 'easy listening' type of stuff.
ReplyDeleteFood for thought.
ReplyDelete"6. Music. This is one of the saddest parts of the change story. The music industry is dying a slow death. Not just because of illegal downloading. It's the lack of innovative new music being given a chance to get to the people who would like to hear it. Greed and corruption is the problem. The record labels and the radio conglomerates are simply self-destructing. Over 40% of the music purchased today is "catalog items," meaning traditional music that the public is familiar with. Older established artists. This is also true on the live concert circuit. To explore this fascinating and disturbing topic further, check out the book, "Appetite for Self-Destruction" by Steve Knopper, and the video documentary, "Before the Music Dies."
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually in the process of writing up an article related to that. How music scenes aren't what they used to be and nobody having access to new music due to the music industry or complacency.
ReplyDelete